I just want to touch base with everyone regarding my protocol for acupuncture treatment, and office operations during the next few weeks. Also, to share some recommendations to stay safe.
The office will be closed, and I am not seeing patients until further notice or until we figure out the next steps. I am open to do a phone consultation or you can email me with your questions and I will respond to them as soon as I can. I understand that some of you are going through fear, anxiety and lack of sleep, and you are not alone, specially when we don't know what lies ahead and how we are going to cope with our health, with the economy and lack of work. The COVID19 is very new to us, and we don't know how it is spreading so fast. All we can do to be safe is social distancing. Stay home and stay positive that it shall pass.
All my workshops and events are postponed to a later date (TBA). The two Reiki Courses schedule for this month and last month are canceled and I will let you know when the next one will take place. Don’t worry! This is temporary measure until we are back to normal routine
Below are steps that I’ve put in place to help minimize the spread of viruses and decrease the risk of exposure:
- Firstly, you must stay home and avoid any contact with people outside your family. Stay in for at least 14 days so you can observe the symptoms if they appear. Remember that we need to fight this virus together and not take any chances
- If you develop cold or flu symptoms, the best thing to do is stay home, rest and self-isolate. Whether this represents the seasonal flu, a cold or Covid-19. Drink warm fluids, tea, soup and avoid cold drinks.
- If you have travelled or have been in close contact with persons who have travelled in the last 14 days, stay isolated for at least 14 days.
- Wash your hands often with soap for 20 seconds, sanitize all doorknobs, counters, tables, light switches and cellphone and surfaces of your house.
- If you go out grocery shopping make sure to wash your hands and take a shower. The heat and soap isolate the virus.
- Please do your part and keep your hands clean, cough into a tissue (and wash your hands after) & stay home if you’re sick. We want everyone to feel safe, be healthy and well.
- Have Himalayan salt available for cleaning your throat and nostrils, use tea tree essential oil on your hand sanitizer, have supplies of Vit C and take regularly. Most important keep your mind positive and calm and be creative with your time out.
If you do have a fever, cough, etc. and have questions about whether you may have COVID-19 you can call:
Toronto Public Health: 416-338-7600
Links on how to test for coronavirus
NYG hospital at Leslie and Sheppard has a specific viral testing center