Breath and hold
One of the most common symptom during an anxiety attack is irregular breathing. The mind is racing the thoughts are confusing, the chest is tight and compressed and you can not breath properly. One of the most effective technique that helps to clear your mind immediately is to remember to pause and take a deep breath in. Practice conscious breathing exercises daily to keep your body, mind and spirit connected.
- Breath in deeply and slowly through your nose with your mouth slightly closed.
- Make a tight fist as you inhale
- Hold your breath and your tight fist for the count of 4. 1,2,3,4...
- Exhale through your mouth and slowly open your hands until your fingers are fully stretched. Hold your breath for the count of 4. 1,2,3,4...
- Than breath in again.
- Repeat this exercise until you feel relaxed and free of thoughts.
You may feel dizzy at the beginning of your practice. This is normal when you start your practice as you may breath in too fast. Try to keep a good steady rhythm and enjoy!