When you begin practicing acupressure, apply pressure for one to three minutes and gradually work up to holding points longer. Too much stimulation on a point may result in headache or nausea. Use the ball of the thumb, the soft part, than keep applying pressure until you feel you reached the bottom of the point. It usually happens when you feel tenderness . When applying pressure in the belly use the four fingers of both hands together and apply continues pressure until you reach the bottom of the point.
Best time to massage is in the morning before you get up and after shower. Use a good massage oil with hormonal properties on it such as clary sage, fennel, myrtle and rose geranium essential oils.
- Begin by brushing your skin dry with a dry skin brush.
- massage your belly clockwise direction and anticlockwise direction.
- Move the brush towards your chest, top of shoulders and inner thighs to stimulate the Spleen, Liver and Kidney meridians.
- Take your shower than continue applying pressure with four fingers of both hands.
- Begin just below the sternum, move to the stomach area than proceed clockwise direction looking for tender spots. When you find it, apply pressure and hold for 2 breaths.
- Continue in circular movement making sure to cover the whole area of your belly
- Focus your pressure on tender points located at the stomach, beside belly bottom and below belly bottom in the centre line.
- Most important technique is to say to your belly everyday: "I love you"
This information is intended to educate the public on other alternative approaches to health and not to cure diseases. Please consult your Doctor if you need any help.