This is an integrative medicine modality that works with the body’s energy communication systems to support holistic healing of body, mind and spirit.
The Practitioner will dialogue with your organs, chakras, and glands to channel vital information for your awareness and transformation. It also includes the restoration of your adrenals and pancreas so overused in our times.
Therapeutic touch (TT) is a contemporary interpretation of several ancient healing traditions. It was founded in 1972 by Dolores Krieger, RN, PhD, and Dora Kunz. Based on the theory that human beings are fields of vital energy and that in illness there is an imbalance in the flow of energy.
Therapeutic Touch is a natural human potential and is a skill that requires compassion and intentionality.
Therapeutic Touch is administered with the intent to enable people to re-pattern their energy toward wholeness and health.
As an integrative medicine, Therapeutic Touch has been shown to be very effective in decreasing anxiety, decreasing stress, evoking the relaxation response, decreasing pain, and promoting wound healing.
Body systems used for healing
- Immunological system- major apparatus for rebalancing human energies.
- ANS- offers instantaneous protective reactions to trauma
- Endocrine system - helps to fire off many of this protective reactions assisting in the healing process during a relaxation response
- Endorphins helps with recuperation
- Thalamus located in the centre of the brain- help by filtering out excessive pain sensations