The benefits of drinking green tea have been known for centuries.
It traditionally originated in China but it is been used by so many people all over the world.
Because the way it is processed without fermentation, green tea retains large amount of antioxidant, much higher than black tea. Now scientists are discovering that it has an amazing healthy benefits specially in preventing chronic diseases.
Some of these healthy benefits
- Green tea protects you from cancer due to the presence of an oxidant called polyphenols that prevents cancer cells from growing.
- It helps to reduce the risk of heart attack specially in women by helping to keep the blood vessels relaxed and free of blood clots.
- It is also proven scientifically that drinking between 2 and 5 cups of green tea in a regular basis helps the body to burn fat, increasing the metabolism and therefore, reducing body weight.
- Green tea lowers the LDL cholesterol level in the blood and strengthens the heart
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine it reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant or trying to conceive green tea is not a good choice for you as it decrease the absorption of folic acid.
Drink green tea everyday and keep doctors away!